On the bus thinking about this

My car is in the shop so I am taking the bus to work. I had an interesting thought about how people view other people.
There are two thought that I always hear. The guy likes the woman as she is and doesn't want her to change. The woman sees a guy want to transform them according to what they think it is best.
I think both ideas are wrong because we need to put God in the equation.
A person should not be at the same spot spiritual and get transformed by the grace and love of Jesus.
Philippians 4:13 says, " I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." This means that the person needs to yield to God everyday. God will change the person for the better.
If a person have an image of what a person should be then that can be bad, also.
We don't know the plan of the Lord for that person so we may stop good growth that God wants for the other person.
We all have different personalities and gifts and we need to encourage people to use everything about them. If we want to change a person according to our view can be an error, instead, pray that God would guide that person and encourage in the step with God's will in their lives.
Romans 12:1-2 says, "Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
If a friend is different from me, I will put them to Jesus. They may do things that annoy me or something I would not do but I allow the Lord to great work in that area of my friend's life.
I am not the Holy Spirit so I trust the Lord is moving in that person. I don't want to stop the moving the Spirit in my friend's life. 
If a person in either thoughts about not wanting a person to change or change a person in the the person own image, don't do it.  We need to allow the Lord to move how he wants and we need to get out of the way.
This is my thought for the day. I am not expect in relationship and I feel social awkward but I want the Lord to move in my life and others according to what God wants and not my desires.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you fear man?

Are you ridin' dirty?

Do you have a rude mouth?