Insecurities and freedom

I will say this about everyone, we all have insecurities. I have a lot of insecurities and we all must give it to the Lord.
Romans 12:1-2, "Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
I can get wrapped up in my insecurities and forget about the will of the Lord in my life.
If I am so focused on my so called superficial imperfection then I can't serve the Lord.
I will share a few insecurities with you. I have a sort of filter but I need to express myself.
Many times, I feel that people don't like me because of this idea. I don't know if you know what I am talking about but if you do then I will say this. We need to give that insecurities to the Lord and ask the Lord to change our hearts and do the changes the change the Lord wants. If you are not in sin then keep on doing what you are doing.
I have another insecurity and I can look in the mirror and think that my nose is too big or that I am too skinny and because of that I am ugly. 
If you are a woman, and you don't feel beautiful because you compare your look with a model. I need to tell you that you are beautiful because God does not make junk.
If you are a guy and feel you need to change your look to be hot then you don't because God does not make junk.
I think that we all struggle with the image of a beautiful person and want to be like them. I don't feel that physically that I am beautiful in the world's eyes then I need to change my thoughts towards the Bible and ask the Lord to renew my mind.
I have many other ones but I don't want to write book but my point is that let us submit our lives to God's thoughts and not the shallow world's system.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you fear man?

Are you ridin' dirty?

Do you have a rude mouth?