Lack of commitment because of divorce

There are a big problem that I hear from my single friends and it is a lack of commitment.
I think that there are a few reasons why but I will talk about the big one. The big one is caused by the big amount of divorce.
The children of divorced parents have a bad taste towards marriage because they never saw what marriage was all about so people don't date or they date and just live together.
I can speak from experience. My Mom and Dad got an divorce and it made me think that marriage was when a man mistreat a woman. I know marriage is good thing but in the back of my mind, I think that my wife would be like my Dad so don't bother.
I will say this, if I ever marry. The girl needs to be just a friend for awhile then maybe I go on a date.
It will be a long process.
Many men and women say that they are many Peter Pans now. I think that many people are in my boat.
I need to say this point. When the parents of children get a divorce, it will damage the children.
It is self-centered thing they are doing. I am not talking about adultery or domestic violence.
The family is the center of the culture.
If you want to break the crazy cycle of divorce. Here is the solution.
Sin will be the captain of your life when you don't have Jesus but when a person have Jesus then they will have life.
Galatians 5:16-23 says, "So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;  idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
I know marriage is hard but if a person is controlled by sexual sin and anger then it will not work.
If a person have love, peace and joy then the relationship will be better.
People act like sexual sin is no big deal but we must read this.
Jude 7 says, "In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire."
So sex outside marriage is a big problem that people are dying from. 
There is a cure for marriages. It is called knowing Jesus and following Him. We must avoid sex til a person is married.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you fear man?

Are you ridin' dirty?

Do you have a rude mouth?