Can we avoid suffering?

I will be honest that I want the comfortable life. I like to have a house on the beaches of Hawaii and be worth a billion dollars. I don't like to suffer but I have chosen the path of suffering.
I have chosen to follow Jesus and Jesus promised that the world would hate me.
Jesus said in John 15:18-25, "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me.  If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin.As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason."

I will face hatred and everyone who chooses to pick Jesus as their Lord and Savoir. The author of the book of Revelation was the Apostle John.
He was tormented by the culture but he would not die and kept on going so the Romans sent him to the Island of Patmos to made sure that he would keep the spreading of the gospel. They didn't know that John would have wrote the book of Revelation. 
I am glad that I am like John. I will keep on going for Jesus.

Revelation 1:9

I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you fear man?

Are you ridin' dirty?

Do you have a rude mouth?