The stars, sword and bright lights

I will begin with Revelation 1:16. The verse says, "In his right hand he held seven stars and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance."
I believe that the seven stars stand for the angels of the seven churches. There are three interpretation of the seven angels. One interpretation is that it was an heavenly messenger. It could be an earthly messenger or personifications of the prevailing spirit of each church.
I will be talking about the double-edged sword. I believe that it would look like the Thracian Sword.
You can see this for your personal reference in Revelation 2:12,16; 6:8 and 19:15.
The sword symbolizes divine judgment. We need to look at Isaiah 49:2 and Hebrews 4:12.

Isaiah 49:2
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword,
    in the shadow of his hand he hid me;
he made me into a polished arrow
    and concealed me in his quiver.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

The last point of verse sixteen is really cool. "His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance."
God's glory is beyond us and we would die if we saw all the glory in our current bodies. Plus, we as mankind are tainted by sin and God is pure.
The good news is that Jesus has made our souls clean if we may.
I will you with Isaiah 6:1-7

Isaiah 6:1-7
 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted,seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple.  Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying.  And they were calling to one another:
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
    the whole earth is full of his glory.”
At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.
 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King,the Lord Almighty.”
Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar.  With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you fear man?

Are you ridin' dirty?

Do you have a rude mouth?