Street cred is not everything!

There are many people that have street cred but can't back up their images. I think that all of mankind has fallen into this trap. It could be that an person knows that they are not matching up. There are people that deceive themselves that they match the street cred.

There was an church that had much cred. This church was found in Laodicea. If this church was going on today, they would have much love on Instagram. They had an rep for being an church that honored God but the truth is that they weren't.

Let's us look at Revelation 3:14-15. These verses say, “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!"

If there was an Twitter poll. Many people would think that the church in Laodicea was
going hard for Jesus. The key is that Jesus sees the heart. The believers in Laodicea was going through the motions. If you are an believer in Jesus then we must be careful of doing deeds out of tradition instead of love for Jesus. Jesus sees the heart.

I enjoy Revelation 3:16. This verse says, "So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth." Again, the church of Laodicea was not hot, they were in the middle. The issue of being in the middle is that there is not convictions.
I have been lukewarm before. I didn't take an strong position and I didn't do the nasty seven sins. I needed to be stronger and avoid the middle.

I live in the United States. The issue with many believers here that they put money over God. They are more in love with money than God. We must as believers in the United States needs to give our love of money and trade it for love of the truth.
Revelation 3:17-18 says, "You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see."

Again, true riches are not your home, money or crypto. It is loving Jesus and loving the truth in the Bible. We love Jesus and the Bible then we are rich.

If we have fallen into the lukewarm trap, here is what Doctor Jesus said.

Revelation 3:19-22 says,  "Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne,just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”


Great video in YouTube for you! Click on the link!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you fear man?

Are you ridin' dirty?

Do you have a rude mouth?